Saturday, February 9, 2013
Forks over Knives
Okay Kids, here we go....kinda. This was and is a great idea.. I can you give a a million reasons why((well more like 5))... like everything else in my life I jumped right in and didn't plan. But lets not start there... lets start with why:
1. No Brainer. Plants are good for you!!
2. I want to be healthy and, not going to lie, have a smoking hot bod
3.I want to set a good example for my babies and my family.
4.I want to be inspirational to other females and single mama'
5. I need a project!! (( cuz you know what they say about idle hands))
Before I get to far ahead of myself, I am going to say that the documentary Forks Over Knives is a huge catalyst for my motivation here. Watch it. It makes sense. Also My Fathers run in with Bladder Cancer. So before I get lectures on the Whys? Or the Traditional belief that Protein is Life... or any Moral point of view.. let me clarify that this is 12 weeks of me learning it and a lifetime of keeping it.
So why kinda?? Well for starters... I didn't even know the difference between Vegan and Vegetarian. Vegans use no animal products of ANY kind.. right down to what they wear. It tends to be a moral issue rather than a health issue but could be both. Vegetarians, on the other hand, abstain from meat products like beef, chicken, pork, fish ect... but will eat dairy and eggs... and seemingly do it for health conscious reasons.
Although I do not have any moral reason (sorry Vegans.. I own a leather jacket) I do fall under the Vegan guidelines for food. Kinda. This is where my "jumping in" gets me in trouble. I want to do this.. I see the value..I believe the science. I HAVE NO CLUE HOW TO MAKE THE FOOD. Oh I could make smoothies all day... or oatmeal with strawberries and Bananas....but I didn't realize how many doors I shut when I said no dairy or eggs!! Research is a must. The food is out there and in a wide variety..but failing to plan is planning to FAIL.
Now.. Now.. no diet is complete without exercise.. and I started that a while ago. But to be perfectly honest I am not seeing the results I want.. and Guess what?? Its all diet related!! Animal fat in..even with exercise. ..equals belly fat, cellulite and low energy in comparison to a Plant based diet. I am very excited to see what 12 weeks of the two combined will do.
I promise my posts will not be this boring... yes, boring((I'm even yawning at this point)) but I wanted to establish the whys and the whats before I started posting horror stories of Tofu gone bad ((happened today)) and random pics of food and me doing sweaty workout stuff... and before pics((Gawd.. I still need to do that)). This is going to be an adventure.. so consider this The Preface.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment