Monday, February 11, 2013

GOODBYE STEAK****CRIES****

We are into week 2!!! I love this food. Don't be scared... it has tons of flavor and variety! It fills you up and stays with you longer. Is it Hard? Yes and No... I love Steak(((almost to the point of tears))) Steak with mushroom sauce, steak with lobster topping, steak medium rare....MMMMMMM STEAK!! But I love my body more. And I haven't felt this great since I was in High School, um***cough,cough**** 14ish years ago!!!

I ran ran 2 miles in 16 minutes yesterday(for me that's AMAZING). ENOUGH said.

So lets talk about the staring point since this is about progress and change...This is the part I don't like((no female likes)) Below is my starting stats as of last week:

Weight: 147( I am down to 139)
height:5'3 (Yes... I know this wont change..makes me cry a little)
Body fat: 25%
Hips: 39
Waist: 32
Chest: 36
SEE before Pics

Okay. There. We have that out of the way. I would like that to look a little different, more like this:

Weight:130 ((I have seen women my height with fantastic muscle tone at 125))
Height: 5'7 hahahahahha
Body Fat: 18%
Hips:36
waist: 28
Chest: I don't want to lose any more here..but I will...cuz that's what goes first.
BEFORE

I do want a flat stomach again so I can plank with confidence!! But that's all diet and Cardio.. burn away that layer of FAT to uncover those abs I have been working on.I normally would have just done cardio and stayed there...3 plus miles at a time. DAILY. but that's me... its cathartic. My stress reliever. My me time. Nothing was changing though. Sure I had more energy than I did before I started to be serious about getting my workouts in....but I didn't really change what I was eating..or drinking.  I was still tired half way thru the day and my joints hurt on a regular basis. I have also struggled with serious anxiety issues that leave me feeling overwhelmed and shutdown.  Then I was introduced to the wonderful world of LIFTING! Put that together with this Plant based diet  and WHAM ...RESULTS! I have cut out all dairy, eggs and meats..for right now..(if it has a mommy and daddy. DON'T eat it! ) I gave up Diet Coke... COLD turkey and am downing water like a mad women... and ZERO alcohol!!! ZERO. I exercise 6 days a week... no excuses. That may not be for everyone, but its for me.

I said before that I feel GREAT.. because I do. In a little over a week my joints don't hurt (( my hands had it the worst and they feel so light now) and I am down 8 pounds...and best of all..completely calm.  My anxiety is shrunk to a little more than a fleeting thought. Is it hard? YES.. I am only into week 2.. and I took my brother to Sizzler for lunch the other day and he had a STEAK.. it smelled DIVINE and had just that tiny touch of blood I LOVE, smothered in buttery mushrooms. MMMMMMMMMM... could have acted like a rabid animal and tore across the table.

But I didn't... I had a salad.

Drive down the Blue lakes, Our main road .. and you smell all the different restaurants.. and I could easily pull into a drive thru and order a cheeseburger(((my mouth just watered))) and a diet coke. But I don't. I want to fuel my body... not reward it with food.    


I load up on good food... like Thai food and whole wheat Pastas.. and fruits and veggies. Trying out new recipes has been rewarding and comical at the same time...making Tofu Stroganoff failed big time! I have yet to master the art of Tofu, but I know I like it when I eat out. My mother and I have been pouring over recipes  and it seems like we are at the store everyday for something we didn't know we would need. But like anything new you work out the kinks and soon it will flow smoothly. Very much looking forward to that day.

So far I have really enjoyed the Salads... I get very creative and throw things together. I really loved the Spring rolls and Ginger sauce (((bought at Costco))) and the Potato enchiladas ..Recipes can be found on Forksoverknives.com. Like I said earlier there is a huge variety of food.. I haven't even scratched the surface .. and I am seeing and feeling the effects.



No comments:

Post a Comment